The Fondation Erfan – Connaissance was created in May 2008.
The head office of the Foundation is in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo, in the compound of the school « Ecole Internationale Enfants du Monde ».
The final objective of the Foundation is to promote education using the medium of village schools that serve the welfare and the advancement of communities.
Training and the development of educational books
The specific objectives of the Foundation are among others:
- To train people as promoters, administrators and teachers of schools who serve their communities.
- To produce and adapt the materials of the trainings and textbooks according to the needs felt.
The Foundation sought to further understand how the Community schools can contribute to the development of the region.
Future prospects are among others:
- To train teachers of the pre-primary school, the first year and if possible the second year.
- To encourage the opening of at least five new schools next year.
- To enable the program for at least 600 children.